With the 2020 presidential race fast approaching, candidates are beginning to announce their intent to run for president. And, as of January 27th, none other than our own Kamala Harris has announced her intent to run.
In case you don’t know, Kamala Harris is currently one of California’s Democratic Senator. To give you a brief background: she was born in Oakland and is a graduate of Howard University and the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. She served as California’s Attorney General in 2010 and was reelected in 2014.
In a rally in Oakland this Sunday, Kamala Harris announced that she was going to run for the president of the United States. She discussed her campaign as wanting to fight “for a country with equal treatment, collective purpose, and freedom for all. That’s who we are.”
In her speech, she discussed:
- tackling an inequitable economic system
- the importance of labor unions
- increasing wages
- repealing GOP tax cuts for the wealthy in order to slash middle- and low-income taxes
- support for programs like Medicare for All, universal pre-kindergarten schooling, and debt-free college
- criticized the prevalence of school shootings
- support for refugees and enshrining reproductive rights
In case you are interested in donating to her campaign, be sure to visit Kamala Harris’s website: https://kamalaharris.org/
For more information, be sure to check out this article:
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.