News Category: Breaking News
- Written by Arnav SinghE3 2019 was a unique and great experience. Not only were tons of hyped and truly interesting games announced, we got official news about Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox Scarlett and the brand new Google Stadia, marking Google’s entrance into the console wars. Sony was not present at E3, however they have given information about the PS5. For more information about the new consoles coming soon, check out the Ptownlife news article from last week giving more detail about the specs and other features of the consoles. Since E3 is such a vast event with many companies involved, this article will talk about some of the highlights and important announcements of this E3. To help categorize new information and announcements, there will be different sections for different presentations. This article by Gamecrate also gives summaries of the E3 presentations. For more information on Xbox’s new games, accessories, and memberships, as well as announcements for games from major companies such as CD Projekt Red and more, check out this article by Xbox.Games:There were many games announced this E3 (around 60 games) which you can have fun with very soon. Some extremely hyped games were announced or shown off at E3. From Gearbox, there is the highly anticipated Borderlands 3, which is a significant improvement over the last games and unites all of the aspects and characters from all the games into one package that is sure to be fun. From CD Projekt Red, we have Cyberpunk 2077 which will feature Keanu Reeves in an interesting setting. CD Projekt Red’s presentation was truly memorable and Keanu Reeves statement “You’re breathtaking!” to the audience has become somewhat of a meme. These are just some of the upcoming games that are sure to be enjoyable. Due to Microsoft’s investment in various game studios, there will be over 14 games on Xbox and PC from Xbox Game Studios to be released. Nintendo has also been working on new first party games, such as the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild sequel. There were so many games displayed at E3 that it would take a very long article to fully describe all of the games in detail. To find an entire list of the new games announced with many details included, check out these articles from Gamesradar and IGN.Here are a few highlights or announcements from the conferences that took place.Nintendo:
Check out Nintendo’s Youtube channel for more information and Nintendo Directs that regularly announce information as well as updates.Xbox:
- Luigi’s Mansion 3
- Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild sequel
- Smash Brothers DLC with new characters
- Pokemon Sword and Shield
- Legend of Zelda Link’s Awakening Remake
- Xbox Game Pass for PC: A new membership for PC gamers who want to experience Xbox Game Pass (a membership that lets you play any game as many times as you want from a catalogue of games for a monthly or yearly fee, similar to Netflix)
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: A new membership that will include Game Pass for PC and Console and Xbox Live Gold for $15 a month
- Project xCloud: A service that saves your Xbox games to a cloud, which can then be played anywhere on any device, such as a smartphone
- Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2: An advanced and highly customizable Xbox controller which can be adjusted and changed to fit your preferences. The price is $179.99.
- Halo Infinite
- Gears of War 5
- Forza Horizon 4 Lego DLC
- EA play: A membership that lets you play any EA game for a monthly fee
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Two new sports games (Fifa and Madden)
- Battlefield 5 gets new updates such as new maps
- Talked about updates to Fallout 76, such as the addition of human npcs (non-playable characters)
- Two new Wolfenstein games (Wolfenstein Cyberpilot and Wolfenstein Youngblood)
- New Doom game (Doom Eternal)
- A few mobile releases/updates
- Ubisoft subscription that lets you play any Ubisoft game for $15 a month
- Updates to For Honor, Rainbow Six Siege, and The Division 2
- New game: Watch Dogs: Legion
Main takeaways:Tons of games were shown and announced for 2019 and 2020. This E3 featured virtually all aspects of gaming, from new consoles with their accessories and memberships to highly anticipated games. This year, there were a lot of great presentations from the companies that showed up at E3. While there were a few disappointing presentations such as Bethesda’s conference, other companies such as Microsoft, Google, Nintendo, and CD Projekt Red with Keanu Reeves had memorable conferences. Since the next generation consoles were officially announced and information was given about them, this E3 marked the beginnings of a new era in gaming.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Avengers Game
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.